Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy International Women's Day

First, happy belated International Women's Day to all women, their lovers and aficionados... I am overwhelmed (in a good way) about all the refreshing conversations that were engaged about contemporary feminism in the newspapers, online on blogs, among my peers...

I have to congratulate the initiatives of bloggers such as Alex, who initiated the cyber manifestation “Le 8 mars 2009, bloguons pour les femmes!” which invited people, women and men, to share their vision of feminism in 2009.

I took the opportunity to invite readers to let me know about their thoughts on my research project, by referring them to this blog (which you are too, class colleagues, invited to comment). I am still hoping for feedback as it is very important for the finality of my research project (humanizing the female representation in advertising). Let’s see what happens...

Furthermore, I came across this chronicle in La Presse, yesterday which could hardly be more in line with my research. http://www.cyberpresse.ca/opinions/chroniqueurs/rima-elkouri/200903/08/01-834310-ni-pitounes-ni-soumises.php

It was also sent to me by a research colleague with whom I’ve previously debated on the subject of emancipation in burlesque striptease and pole-dancing classes. I am currently working on a blog post about it (as well as my answer to your questions, Button’s and Owen)…

0 comments:

Post a Comment